Here are few Tips for your travel. Also do check out our pinboards Travel must haves
and Traveling with a baby
for few pictorial travel tips
• Try an coincide your trip with a local event or festival which will help you experience the local culture and traditions in close quarters
• Read and get an idea about the local culture. It will help you not only appreciate but also gel well into surroundings
• Check the weather at your travel destination. Carry clothing accordingly
• Carry a small rucksack meant to be carried while sightseeing – you can store your water bottle/ few essentials and also carry comfortably what you shop in one place
• Don’t forget to include a water bottle in your checklist. This way you do not have to buy water bottles every time. Just refill!
Travel documents have been covered in detail in our earlier post.
Following are general tips
• Keep multiple copies of your passport, visa and credit card
• Keep copies of your photograph as it appears in the visa
• Get travel insurance
• Do not keep all you money, travel cheques, credit card in one place
• Carry some foreign currency to cover incidental expenses. Rest you can exchange from any bank / money exchange outlets in your destination country. Banks generally give a better exchange rate, but check with local sources before doing the conversion
• If you plan to use your electronic gadgets during your travels then we suggest you invest in a multi-pin adapter. Don’t forget to carry the chargers!
• Carry your camera and its accessories for capturing those memorable moments
• Carry small bottles of body wash, shampoo, creams etc. At the end of your vacation you can discard the bottles and if you have more days of vacation left buy more locally
• Carry clothes which dry off quickly and needs no ironing
• Carry light clothes. Avoid jeans – they are heavy, bulky, take too much space and takes long to dry
• Carry 4 shirts and 3 bottoms. You have 12 dresses if you mix and match
• Kindle can be quite handy if you want to read or refer to Lonely Planet kinda books on the go and you will not have to lug around books
• Rolling your clothes tightly before arranging them in your travel bag gives lot more space than otherwise
More general travel tips in the next post….
Do you have travel tips you would like to share? Write to us! We shall include it to the main list on our website along with your name…
Hope you found the information useful. Subscribe to our blog posts through e-mail
and stay tuned to lots of travel information & interesting tidbits from around the globe…You can also follow us on Facebook